A wonderfully exciting and new class.
Relish Mama welcomes English chef Scott Merrick to the team.
Scott trained as a Chef in England and while working in the heart of the English countryside developed his love of traditional home-style British food. Working with a plentiful source of local ingredients and reworking recipes from old British cookbooks he developed a cooking style that draws from a rich tradition of simple home cooking based on using fresh local ingredients.
Scott’s menu will include:
- Gin and Beetroot Cured Salmon
- Salmon Fillet cured with salt and sugar, good Gin and beetroots served with dill Pancakes, horseradish cream and sweet pickled cucumbers
- Potted Prawns ~ a traditional British ‘Seaside’ dish of diced prawn meat ‘Potted’ in shellfish butter, spiced with Mace and served cold with brown bread and butter.
- Trout in Newspaper ~ whole trout stuffed with lemon and dill, wrapped in a copy of your favourite daily newspaper, tied with string and baked in the oven.
- Rabbit in Cider with Thyme and Mushrooms ~ whole rabbit braised with dry cider, bacon and thyme and finished with button mushrooms, cream and parsley. A dish from ‘Bibendum’ in London
- Colcannon ~ This Irish invention is from the early 18th Century and is the world’s best-mashed potato bar none.
- Honey Glazed Carrots
- Cambridge Burnt Cream ~ baked egg custard with vanilla and nutmeg and glazed with Caramelised sugar
- Jam Roly Poly with Custard ~ Traditional British ‘Steamed Pudding’ made with raspberry jam and suet and served with custard