Celebrating Thai food with Rebecca Ng ~ owner and founder of U, Ma & Me
In this wonderful class, Rebecca will allow you to expand your knowledge of Thai flavours and ingredients and learn many new cooking techniques. Rebecca feels the best way to learn is by asking questions and getting involved and gives everyone the chance to get hands-on in this beautiful new class.
The menu will include
– Smoked duck salad with citrus, peanuts and red chilli dressing
– Crispy soft shell crab, green papaya, mint and kaffir lime
– Charred stir-fried rice noodles, green peppercorns, beef and Thai basil
– Mastering a great red curry paste from scratch
– Red curry chicken, Thai eggplant and chargrilled pineapple
Growing up in Tasmania, Rebecca formed an appreciation for fresh produce. Whilst completing her apprenticeship, Bec was awarded a scholarship to work with Tetsuya Wakuda in his Sydney restaurant. This experience emphasised the importance of the quality and freshness of ingredients and also taught her the discipline of precision.
Bec built on her skills in her work in Melbourne, particularly as sous chef at Longrain and head chef at Magic Mountain Saloon. Bec loves all types of food but has a special love for Asian, and particularly Thai, cuisine.