Join pastry Chef & Chocolatier, Khristina Mulyono as we master the perfect tart crust. Pastry that is buttery, delicately crisp and simply beautiful. Sweet and savoury, Khristina will share the professional’s secrets to mastering the art of pastry making. The fundamentals learnt in class are transferrable and will allow you to recreate the tarts at home or apply the techniques learnt to your favourite family recipes. Create parmesan pate brisee, light and airy sable breton and the basic all-around dessert pastry, pate sucrée.
Learn the finer details of shaping and handling delicate pastry doughs and creating the perfectly shaped tart shell. Know how to prevent the pastry from shrinking and jot down some prep ahead tips to make your tart baking day organised and much more fun !
After baking, we will fill our shells with playful flavours. Get your hands dirty with sugar and flour. Enjoy some pastries in class with a glass of wine and take a creation home to share.
What we will master in this class:
• Pate Sucrée ( sweet short crust pastry)
• Parmesan Pate Brisée ( savoury short crust pastry)
• Sable Breton ( aerated pastry base)
• Orange, fennel and olive tart encased in parmesan pastry ( inspired by the flavours of the citrusy Sicilian Salad)
• Chocolate ganache tart
• Fresh fruits and vanilla cream encased in crisp sable breton pastry
• Banana tart